Monday, October 1, 2012

...on goals

I just turned 29.  That means that next year I turn 30.  I'm not too freaked out by it yet but I'm sure that's coming.  I've never been a big goal setter but with this milestone birthday coming up I decided now is as good a time as any to set some goals.  I'm really good at saying, "i'd like to read more" or "i'd like to do______" and then I never do it.  So...i'm in the process of coming up with some goals of things to accomplish before I turn 30.  Nothing crazy-I'm not trying to climb mt. everest or anything.

If anyone has suggestions I'm all ears.  One thing I would like to do is read some classic novels.  I have a few in mind that I have never read but am open to suggestions there as well!

Question:  I was watching TV today and a commercial came on for cotton.  You know, "the touch, the feel of cotton..."  and I got to thinking-why does cotton need to advertise?  I mean, it's not like I look at clothing labels when I pick out clothes and think to myself, "ooooh, it's made out of cotton-I'm not so sure about that."  Perhaps I'm missing something....

1 comment:

  1. Random goals can be incredibly fun and interesting! As someone who just turned 30 and completed all my goals, I recommend making a random list. I also just blogged with pictures about it. Hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete