Monday, December 13, 2010

The Sing Off and Apple Cider

Adam and I just got done watching The Sing Off on TV.  We LOVE it.  We love ben folds-for one, but also we really enjoy the singing.  Somethings we do not enjoy about show are as follows:

1.  The lady judge.  I'm sure she's very knowledgeable about all things music but we just can't handle her.  She gets fast-forwarded.

2.  The costumes/outfits/clothing.  I mean really, I think the show's stylist looks at the women's body types and thinks, "Hm...what is the most unflattering outfit that I can put that woman in on national television?"  I feel so sorry for those ladies and I think if I were a contestant on the show I would give the stylist a piece of my mind.  Or at least give her a thanks but no thanks on the outfits that she chooses.  I don't pretend to be some super fashionista or anything but I for sure could do a better job than whoever dresses those poor people.

On a separate note, Adam and I have really been digging Apple Cider lately.  I found this recipe last year and have loved it ever since.  It isn't your traditional spiced cider (which I usually don't like) and it is really easy to make.  You basically just take a container of apple juice or cider from the store then add vanilla-from a vanilla bean.  Slit the bean down the middle and scrape out the vanilla then add it to the cider.  Next I grate in a little bit of whole nutmeg before tossing the whole thing in.  Finally, add a little bit of brown sugar.  Let it simmer and you instantly have some yummy cider.  

No comments:

Post a Comment