Thursday, September 6, 2012

...on bargain shopping

I love to shop.  I am a very frugal shopper and really don't ever spend too much money at a time.  Don't get me wrong, I totally would but I try to be fairly money conscious.  Sometimes I get a store in my head and I think, "I should go there-I feel like there is something there waiting for me".  It's almost like the store is beckoning me to come and browse so that I can find that special item waiting just for me.  And, the crazy thing is, it seems like 99% of the time I find the perfect something for a great, great price!  I know realize that this sounds completely crazy but hey, I'm just being honest.  Does this happen to anyone else?  So the shop du jour this time was TJ Maxx-see, I told you, money conscious.  It's not like we are hitting up Neiman's or anything here.  I had been wanting to go there all week and today we finally made it.

The best part about stores like that is that everything is discounted and, crazy (cheap?) me, I always go to the clearance rack.  So there-bargain shopping at a bargain store.  Ok, so we browsed through the home goods, then walked through the kids clothes where I found the first of my treasures!


Matching outfits for my little boys!  The bodysuit was $7 and the shirt was $3!  And come on, how cute are they!?  Also, I love the brand (splendid) and the fabric is super soft and comfy!  

Now my next and last find was actually the first thing I found when I walked into the store.  I passed it up at first but kept it in the back of my mind while we perused the remainder of the store.  Usually when I do this I end up leaving without whatever the item was but this time I just couldn't resist.  This was a little bit of a splurge for me but I decided to go for it.


Don't you just love it?  This little baby was 39.99 (I told you it was a splurge!) but I feel like it just had my name written all over it!  I love the colors and the straps not to mention the fun colorful lining on the inside.  

So there you have it.


1 comment:

  1. I never would have thought you were the kind to put matching outfits on the boys! They sure are cute though!!!

    ReplyDelete