Friday, November 9, 2012

..on giving thanks

As with most of my posts lately, i'm just not really sure where to start.  Lately I have been overwhelmed with the feeling of thankfulness.  Thankful for Jackson, Quinn, Adam, our families, our wonderful friends, our beautiful home, even our crazy little dog.  Maybe it's the hormones and the lack of sleep but I find myself much more sensitive to everything lately.  I feel like things that I used to once view as a burden I'm beginning to view as a gift.  I have even found that (most days) I have more patience for Jackson.

It's funny, I have noticed lately that a lot of people talk about what we "deserve".  Like, "oh, you deserve so much better."  That word has really stood out to me lately.  What do we deserve, really? I don't believe that I deserve all of the wonderful things that I have.  I believe that God has been gracious with me and has given me these things even though I don't deserve them-because he loves me despite the fact that I'm so undeserving.  ( I would try to elaborate but I think I'm still processing it all!)

I think it is that fact that has overwhelmed me and made me more thankful for the things that I have.

So...I'm thankful for a toddler who wakes up every morning saying "Hey mama!" "Mama, where are you?"  And who falls asleep like this in the stroller after a walk to Starbucks.



I'm thankful for a tiny baby who is healthy, chunky, and starting to smile.


And for a husband who doesn't mind drying off with a hand towel because all of the regular towels are dirty.  


So, so much to be thankful for.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment