Thursday, January 12, 2012

...on thursday threads

Wow, it's been a while since I've done one of these posts!  I suppose that is because I haven't been sewing much lately.  Last week I coaxed my mother-in-law into helping me clean out/organize the guest/sewing room.  Honestly, since before Christmas the room had looked like a complete disaster.  As my mom used to say about my room when I was little, "it looks like a bomb went off in here!".  Yeah, it was kinda like that.  Honestly, if I had been alone I'm sure I would have acted like my typical self, walked in the room and then walked right back out-sometimes I get easily overwhelmed.  It took us about two hours but we got it all organized!  The best part is that we got all of the extra blankets put away using a special trick.  I usually store my sheet sets inside of pillow cases so that they are all together when I need them.  Well, we just kind of copied that idea and used it for blankets!  There are no longer blankets falling down on my head when I open the closet!  Instead, they are each folded neatly inside of a pillowcase and lined up next to each other (vertically) on the top shelf of the closet.  No wasted space and super easy to access!!  Even Pinky is stowed away in her very own laundry bag.

Now that I have a newly organized room I am back to sewing!  I have really enjoyed it and can't wait to go out this weekend and get some more supplies!  I made two shirts this week but one of them is in Jack's dirty clothes and he is sleeping so....here is one of my creations.


The hardest part about this project was deciding which two fabrics I wanted to use but I ended up using scraps from Jack's nursery bedding.  Pretty sure Jack is going to be wearing this tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment