Thursday, November 18, 2010

Ladies Man

Jack and I were talking this morning while we ate breakfast together.  OK, so I was talking and he was eating, but still, it was some good father son time.  He and I came to the conclusion that the ladies love him.    I think the nurses meeting before each shift is probably close to a cat fight as everyone tries to get Jack as one of their three babies to take care of.  His nurse, Cathy, even went so far as to say she would like to stick him in her pocket and take him home.  She then reassured me she was only joking and that if I come one day and he's not in his normal place it means he was moved, not stolen.  I've got my eye on her.  

Actually, Jack's nurses, especially Cathy, have been amazing.  It's not just with Jack either.  They treat all the babies with such love and tenderness and they treat the parents with respect, honesty, and compassion.  Every day when I leave I just want to hug them.  They're amazing people and they go the extra mile to take care of the kids and make a tough situation a little better.



So, I've discovered a new thing I love about our little Jackson.  The kid is a fighter.  Sure, Tuesday was crap but it barely phased Jack.  I think he's like, look guys, this whole NICU thing is a marathon not a sprint.  We'll get there but there's some hills to climb.  I think he's right.  We will get there and Jess and I decided to just try to make the best of it and enjoy the journey.  I mean, how blessed are we that we get to spend an extra five weeks with Jack.  Plus, we're learning tons about his little body and when we get to bring him home I think we'll be better parents for the experience.  Maybe I'm rationalizing, maybe not.  Either way, I know Jessie and I love our little man like we never knew we could love and we're going to enjoy every moment of life with him.  




1 comment:

  1. All your posts are awesome.. Thank you for all the updates. You guys are in our prayers always

    ReplyDelete