Thursday, November 4, 2010

Starbucks and Triage

All week long I have been thinking about busting out of here and getting a coffee from Starbucks.  It has been over a week (a long time for me-sadly) since I have had my starbucks so I broke out this morning and grabbed some coffee.  Much to my delight, they have brought back their peppermint mochas for the season so it was very much a win-win situation for me.  So I have my coffee, I have my day planned out-a little bit of resting, sorting through old pictures, making some phone calls, dr's appointment at 3:30-I'm a happy camper.  I told Adam not to worry about coming to my appointment because it was just for fetal monitoring and a bpp.  They hooked me up to the monitor and baby looked awesome, he got all of his points for the day, and I was still having contractions about every 2-4 minutes (about the norm for me).  The nurse called my doctor and he wanted me to go up to TRIAGE for fluids-again.  I about cried.  The last time I was in triage (yeah, i'd been before) they pumped me with fluids, gave me a shot, and neither one stopped my contractions.  (Just for the record, I have been drinking a TON of water.)  So I called Adam and he met me at the hospital.  Four hours later we are finally home and eating!  We were both so hungry. With all of that said, everything is fine.  Lefty is doing great, my contractions are still coming but again, that's nothing new.  So..is the moral of the story "don't go get Starbucks when you should be on bed rest?"  Hmm...I wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment