Monday, November 7, 2011

...on my up-cycle "to do" list

I had something else in mind for this post tonight but I think I'll save those thoughts for another time.  I just have this itch to make something so tonight I did something very, very bad.  See, I have had a bag full of clothes in the back of my car for a couple of weeks now.  Clothes that are supposed to go to goodwill.  Well...let's just say that not all of those clothes are going to make it there.  I ran out to my car this evening and raided the bag for salvageable up-cycle worthy pieces.  I just HAD to make something, I can't explain it.  I ended up finding two items for potential projects.  

Item #1:


This is (was) a maxi dress that I bought on sale at Target a few years ago.  I like the fabric, color, and it has pockets!  The top never fit me very well and always looked a little frumpy.  Plus, it was too short as is almost every maxi dress in the history of ever.  I just dove right on into this project tonight and I'll be sharing the finished product with you on Thursday.  

Item #2:


I really like this coat.  It fits me really well through the torso but the sleeves are too short and I don't love the length.  This little lady was destined for goodwill but I just couldn't hand her over until I have tried to breathe a little life into her.  Now, I am posting this picture that I have to follow through on revamping it.  I'm a little overwhelmed at the prospect of working with a coat but I think I can do it.  Either way, I'll document my progress.  


By the way.  My son turns ONE on saturday.  When on earth did he get so big?  How is this already happening?  

Isn't he cute?  Notice Chloe in the bottom of the picture?  That's pretty much her spot whenever Jack is eating.  Gotta love that girl.  


1 comment:

  1. I think we need to have an up cycling get together. I have a huge pile of things I want to transform into something awesome and I could use your sewing expertise :)

    ReplyDelete