Friday, November 4, 2011

...on success!

I love sweets.  That's no secret to anyone who has known me for more than five minutes.  I also love to bake and have a special place in my heart (and tummy) for chocolate chip cookies.  The recipe on the back of the Nestle bag has been my go to for many, many years.  Funny though, that recipe (for me) is so hit or miss.  Sometimes they turn out perfectly and other times they are just ugly.  When we were living in Houston I had the recipe down to an art.  Every time, perfect cookies would come out of the oven.  Since we moved to Albuquerque I have not been able to get them right.  So today, I did something really, really smart-I looked up a different recipe.  I'm a little embarrassed to admit that it has taken me this many years to look for a new chocolate chip cookie recipe but, there it is.  Better late than never!!!  I have to give it up to Smitten Kitchen for providing me with this, my new favorite, chocolate chip cookie recipe.  I included the recipe but you have to scroll through the pictures first and admire my tasty creations in order to get to it!  You seriously need to try these cookies.  Don't just look at the picture and say, "oh, I should try that someday" because if you are anything like me, you never will!  Or, if you already have a fantastic cookie recipe (of any kind) please, do share!  I love me some cookies!







ENJOY!


2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
2. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended.
3. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time (for giant cookies) or a tablespoon at a time (for smaller cookies) onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
5. Bake larger cookies for 15 to 17 minutes, or 10 to 12 minutes for smaller ones (check your cookies before they’re done; depending on your scoop size, your baking time will vary) in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment