Monday, May 14, 2012

...on apple fritters

Adam loves apple fritters so I decided it would be kind of a fun treat to surprise him with homemade apple fritters on the morning of his birthday.  I had never made them before but found this recipe and it didn't look too intimidating.  So-I went for it!  These were so easy and sooooo yummy that I thought it might be a good thing to share with friends.  

The hardest part about making these was the realization they they (along with all donuts) are fried in oil.  It's not that I didn't know it before, it's just that I never really thought about it.  You'd think this realization would have stopped me from eating so many-it didn't.  I opted to dip them in a glaze once they were finished but next time I think I might skip the glaze and just coat them with powdered sugar.

Seriously-try them out.  You won't regret it!





No comments:

Post a Comment