Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Chloe and Jack


One of the first things that people ask me when they meet Jack is how Chloe is doing with him.  I was pretty concerned about this, myself, before Jack arrived.  You see, Chloe is not exactly the most disciplined dog in the world.  It's hard to tell why but it probably has very little to do with the fact that Adam and I have done very little to discipline her over the past three years.  With that said, Chloe really is a sweet dog she just has some quirks. One quirk is that she barks excessively when new people come over or the doorbell rings (in the house or on tv-doesn't matter).  Another quirk is that she love lotion!  I mean, she really loves lotion.  She will lick it off your legs or just try to eat the bottle if she can.  Anyways, when we brought Jack home we let Chloe sniff him out a little and really, she didn't mind him much at all.  She was very into his toys and stuffed animals (I think a few of them have lost their eyeballs already) but she has always been very sweet with Jack as you can see.  If he starts to cry she will go and sit by him wherever he is.  Perhaps one of her favorite things is to lick his head after he has had a bath-usually we put lotion on him.  A habit that Adam and I try to discourage as best we can.  All in all she is doing quite well with him but we are not foolish enough to  be too trusting of her.  She is a dog, after all.    

On a different note, I have officially been given the go ahead to start exercising!  I think I'm going to go this week for the first time in a loooong time.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment