Tuesday, March 8, 2011

...on cutie little shorts

I finally got around to a little sewing project this weekend that I have been wanting to do for a while.  Converting an old t-shirt into shorts.  I wanted to start out with something simple and boy, was this simple! There are several tutorials online on how to make these including this one.  I started with a t-shirt that didn't fit me quite right and used a pair of Jack's shorts as a template.  In the future, I'll buy a pattern but for this project his shorts worked just fine.  I'll let you look at the tutorial for more on the "how to" but here is my finished product.  


I wanted to take a better picture of just the shorts but one of us had a poo explosion in them and i'll give you a hint, it wasn't me.  The JH patch that is on the butt was on the back of the t-shirt so I cut it out and stuck it on the little tush part of the shorts.  This project probably would have taken me about 30 minutes if it weren't for the full on battle with my sewing machine-that took about 30 minutes, as well.  Here's a little sneak peak at more sewing projects to come...



I am very excited!  I'll leave you with this incredibly awesome picture.....




What's a girl gotta do to get a little smile?!  

1 comment:

  1. those ARE cute! can't wait to see what you make with that awesome fabric!

    ReplyDelete