Saturday, March 26, 2011

...on our trip to Phoenix

Another trip to Phoenix under my belt.  This time I put on my big girl pants and made the drive out by myself.  I mentally prepared to be on the road for a little longer than usual due to the fact that I had a baby in tow.  Our first stop was the longest and most frustrating due to a poo explosion and a gas pump that made me go inside to pay after I had Jack all loaded up in the car.  The rest of the drive was pretty much smooth sailing!  Little dude did awesome and it only took us about an hour and a half longer than usual.

Hangin' out with Auntie

Uncle Danny aka the baby whisperer

Jack's first spring training game


Why do we have a bat, you might ask.  Well, that is an excellent question.  You see, Auntie and Uncle Tom (who I didn't get any pictures of!) have season tickets to spring training that are located right off of first base.  Before we left for the game Auntie kept on warning us to watch for foul balls.  I'm assuming you see where this is headed.  Instead of a foul ball we got a foul bat.  The player swung for the ball, released the bat, it cleared the net and headed straight for us!  Thankfully, thankfully Dad was holding Jack and reacted!  He leaned forward and the bat hit directly behind him then bounced forward right behind me and Sharon before Danny caught it.  NO ONE WAS HURT.  Had I been holding Jack, it probably would have hit us because I have NO reflexes when it comes to panicky situations.  You know how they say you either have a fight or flight reaction?  I don't have either.  I freeze.  Everyone was so concerned and extremely kind.  The only meanie was me who had to break a little kid's heart because I wouldn't give him the bat!  I felt so bad-he even asked if he could buy it!  I really wanted to keep the bat for Jack because 1.  I think it's kinda neat for him to have it and 2.  The name "Jack" is carved into the bat. That is the name of the player who released it.  At the time I kind of laughed off the whole thing but looking back I am realizing how potentially devastating that situation could have been.  Praise God that no one was hurt.  Here are some pictures from the rest of the game.  


About to have a melt down but holding it together for a picture with Hammy

I don't know if you can tell from the picture but that is Annie and Jack on the screen.  Jack is sound asleep with his mouth wide open.  He gets that from his dad.

Hangin' out with Grandpa and Grandma

Test run with the new hat.  I'd say it's just a tad too big.  





We had a great time and I just have to add one more thing-I did not step foot into fashion square once on this trip.  I know, I can hardly believe it myself.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad everybody is alright!!! And by the way, I wouldn't mind going on a road trip some time after May. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know our friend Zack traded to the Diamondbacks?? They just had a baby too! Hunter got a ball at his first game I think he will be jealous of Jacks bat.

    ReplyDelete