Sunday, May 8, 2011

...on cake balls, adam's birthday and mother's day

This weekend we celebrated Adam's Birthday, the big 2-9, with a par-tay!  We invited friends and family over for brats, beer, and cake balls.  When I say cake balls, I mean 240 cake balls to be exact.  I had a lot of  fun making them but I think it will be a long time before I make them again for two reasons.  1) they freeze well and, therefore, are easily accessible to eat.  2) they take quite a bit of time to make.  We had red velvet, chocolate, peanut butter, rainbow chip, butterscotch, and carrot cake.



I didn't get any pictures of the actual party but Adam did take some pictures of the table for me.  So the party was on Friday night and Adam's birthday is today (sunday).  Because we had a big party, I didn't have much planned for today which actually ended up being quite nice.  I told Adam all I wanted to do on Mother's day (also today) was go on a coffee date.  So here is how we ended up celebrating Adam's birthday/Mother's day.

We took Jack to the driving range for the first time!  It was actually a lot of fun.  Jack kicked it on a towel in the shade of Adam's golf bag.  He LOVED it.



Watchin' Daddy



When we left the driving range we went on a family coffee date...one of my favorite things to do!  








We finished off the night by giving Jack his first taste of real food-sweet potatoes!  I think he liked it but it's kinda hard to tell how much he actually ate and how much he ended up wearing.  Those pictures will be coming soon, I promise.  Also, something exciting is coming to a computer near you...stay tuned for the big announcement...

No comments:

Post a Comment