Monday, May 23, 2011

...on Vegas, baby!

Last week, Adam had a CPE course in Las Vegas and I was fortunate enough to get to tag along on the trip.  The trip consisted of two firsts for me:  1, my first time to Vegas and 2, my(our) first time leaving Jack.  We left him with Adam's parents for three days.  I thought it was going to be just awful and leaving him was, but once the plane touched down I was feeling pretty ok about the whole thing.  He ended up doing pretty well, or so I'm told.  After three days, Adam and I were so glad to come home to our sweet little guy.


















Adam was in classes all day so I was pretty much on my own.  I did a lot of walking and a lot of window shopping with a tiny bit of actual shopping.  I also took a day to lounge by the pool which was so wonderful.

On Thursday night we actually went off the strip to Pete's Piano Bar.  If you know Adam then you are probably not surprised by that at all.  The funny thing was we got to the bar early (about 8) so we could get a good table.  When we arrived there were THREE people there and no, this is NOT an exaggeration.  THREE.  So...we went to this bar called Blue Martini while we waited for more people to trickle into pete's.  The Blue Martini was actually a lot of fun and they had a great cover band there playing songs from junior high/high school. We loved it.  Around 10 we headed over to pete's only to find that now there were about 20 people there.  Again, not an exaggeration.  Here is Adam doing what he does best...dancing.  




So what did I think of Vegas as a first timer?  Well, I think the jury is split.  On the one hand there is shopping for miles, and miles but on the other hand, I can't afford any of it.  Who can, for that matter?  They have a lululemon which is both good and bad.  Good because I am a fan and bad because we can never walk out of that store without spending money.  The hotels were pretty cool and I'm not going to lie, I really wish that I had taken a picture with the two Elvis impersonators standing behind me at a crosswalk.  There was great people watching and coffee bean,


so you have to love that.  BUT...Las Vegas is a dirty, dirty place!  Seriously, everywhere you look there are boobs and butts...all over the hotels, the ground, everywhere.  So here is the conclusion that we have come to as far as Jack and our future children are concerned.  Las Vegas is a myth.  Kind of like Atlantis...it doesn't really exist.  I will never take my child there, especially son, on a vacation as it is a breeding ground for not good things.  So if they ask we will simply say, "oh honey, that place isn't real."

Las Vegas, what an interesting place.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment