Tuesday, May 31, 2011

...on the six month slump

I was just looking back at my blog and, once again, I realized that I have totally been slacking.  So...oops.  I'll try to do better.  You may remember from a few posts back that Jackson turned six months old a few weeks ago.  Six months has led us into what I like to call the "six month slump".  There are so many changes that have/are about to happen with Jack.  He is still trying to get a hang of food which means that we are still trying to figure out what/when to feed him.  Also, surprise!  We have decided to change up our schedule.  Waking up two to THREE times at night (teething? growth spurt?), no nap, three hour morning nap, whatever, etc.  Also, Jack is not quite sitting up yet, which is fine, but it leads me to the problem that if I am not playing with him all the time he spends quite a bit of time on the floor just lying on his back or tummy.  He wants to move so badly but isn't quite strong enough yet.  I'm sure a lot of you are saying "just put him in the exersaucer!"  "my kid loved that!".  Yes, I know.  Most children do.  The only problem is, after working in early intervention for three years I have this picture in my head...  exersaucer=no no.  I can not bring myself to put him in it.  No kidding.  I think he has been in one three times and every time it has been at a friend's house.  Adam's Sister was right, every time you think you have it figured out something changes!  I'm beginning to think that is how it will alway be with Jackson or any child for that matter.  What a grand adventure!!

P.S.  I think that my computer is one photo upload away from death so I am having difficulty getting pictures posted...I'll see what I can do for next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment