Thursday, March 1, 2012

...on thursday threads

Today is Thursday.  Today is Thursday but to me it totally feels like Friday.  Well, I finally sat down and sewed something yesterday!  It had been quite a while.  When my mom came out last week she brought Jackson a little rocking chair that belonged to my sister and I when we were little.  I decided that it needed a little something so I made it a cushion.


Jack loves the char!  He sits in it and rocks and every now and then he even grabs a book and "reads".  I know this is not a great picture of the chair or the cushion but I think you can kind of get the idea.  Jackson was screaming in this picture for some reason-I can't even remember why.  Maybe he wanted to sit in the chair?  Who knows.  

I want to share one other thing that I have started recently and I got the idea from Jen, Adam's sister.  Shortly after the new year I headed over to Barnes and Noble and picked up a calendar (on sale).  I hung it in Jack's room and I use it to write down things that happen each day.  Like, if Jack gets a tooth, or says a new word, or does something silly, etc.  Make sense?  I'm not good at keeping a baby book, I'm not really good at details but this is something simple that I can do to document things that happen in his/our lives.  Already I have enjoyed looking back and reading things from days, weeks, and months ago.  It is amazing how much you forget but how much you really want to remember.  At night, right after bath time and before we read books, I take a minute to write down a little memory from the day.  As you can see, I don't even remember to do it every night but I think it is a really neat way to keep track of little and big milestones.  


Thanks, Jen, for the great idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment