Tuesday, April 24, 2012

...on being pregnant...again

Several of my conversations with Adam lately have gone something like this...  "I don't remember feeling as _______when I was pregnant with Jack."  Which is usually followed with a response kind of like this..."Sweetheart, I know you don't remember a lot of your pregnancy but I do.  You felt a little bit ______ with Jackson, too."  That is usually followed up by a hug from Adam and a little bit of crying from me.  So, you can fill in the blank with either hormonal, fat, crazy, emotional, or something along those lines.  

I went into this pregnancy thinking, "I'm going to eat so healthy this time around!"  Then the nausea set in and my mind set changed to, "I'm going to eat anything that sounds good so that I don't feel like poo."  Or..."I'm going to eat all the time so I don't feel like poo."  Now that I'm well into the second trimester, I no longer have nausea BUT I also no longer have the figure that I used to.  So here is the problem...if I don't have to worry about how I look....then why not take advantage!  Right?  Ha, I wish.  Sadly, this has been my mentality and I really, really need for it to change.  I'm still making it to the gym a couple times a week but really need to start eating a  little better or this little guy is going to come out craving sugar and grease. Poor kiddo.  

Here's a belly shot from today...17 weeks
Some days I feel huge and other days I feel not so huge.  I can't believe that I'm almost half way through this one.  It has gone by so, so, so fast.  No names yet, we really have done nothing to prepare for this little one but that's honestly not much different than where we were this time with Jackson.  At least with this one being another boy there really isn't much prep needed!  Maybe just more mental preparation than anything!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment