Monday, April 9, 2012

...on spring cleaning

I have never done spring cleaning before.  Ever.  Ever since we have been back from phoenix I have made it my mission to do spring cleaning.  I made my little list and everything categorized by room.  I have been back for an entire week now and guess how many rooms I have cleaned.  ONE.  One room.  I have not mopped the floors or cleaned all the toilets since we have been back.  I have cleaned one bathroom.  That is all.  I have come to the conclusion that spring cleaning is possible only for people who stay home and have children in school.  Because here's the thing....I had one room clean but now, one week later..the room needs to be cleaned again as well as everything else in my house.  I really don't get it.  Any help from you avid spring cleaners would be much appreciated.

Funny story:  I peed on myself the other day.  Yeah, that most definitely happened.  Jackson was playing in the kitchen and I popped into the hall bathroom for a minute.  The second I sat down I heard this shattering in the kitchen that sounded like tiny shards of glass all over the floor.  Knowing my child, I could just see his tiny, curious hands picking up the glass and having a grand old time with it.  So...I hitched up my britches and ran into the kitchen only to find that the plastic egg I had filled with pennies had been thrown on the ground and the pennies flew all over.  No glass emergency.  Pee everywhere.  It was awesome.

We had a good Easter yesterday...Adam has all the good pictures on his camera but here are the few from mine.




Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Monday to you! I sure am doing some spring cleaning. Or maybe I should call it nesting. Who knows when will be the next time I will have the time or patience to clean... I love the pee story btw. I have a feeling this will happen to me, too some time soon!

    ReplyDelete