Monday, April 2, 2012

...on phoenix, part two

We're back.  I feel like I need to set the mood here for a minute.  It is raining outside and I am sitting at the dining room table with a cup of coffee and some candles.  Jack is in bed and Adam is at work.  All in al, it's not too bad.  I can't really remember the last time it rained here so I'm just trying to enjoy it while I can!

Ok.  I'm trying to remember where I left off from last time.  I started off the trip trying to take as many pictures as possible and did great until the last little bit.  Not to worry, I still have quite a few to share.  

A box and a golf club...what more do you need?

We met Auntie Tiff at Vincent's for breakfast along with Mom, Dad, and the Bakers

We also took Jackson to "our park" for the first time.  His favorite thing was chasing around the pigeons.  He didn't really care for the swing, he didn't really care for this bumble bee thing (below) but he loved the pigeons-and the sand.  

I just had to take this picture.  The kid is at a really, really nice park and he chooses to play with in the landscaping-gravel underneath a tree.  I guess he just thinks outside of the box, huh?

We had a great time last week in Phoenix.  My mom left on Wednesday for Texas to celebrate the birthday of Lilly, my cousin's daughter.  You really should check out their story's pretty amazing. mom went to Texas so Dad, Jack, and I were on our own and we were busy!

Dad and I took J to Chaparral park and brought bread to feed the geese.  Turns out, these geese are not very fearful.  They came pretty close and were about Jack's kind of freaked me out but he didn't seem to mind much.  Needless to say, I was hovering over my child just in case.  

You know, I learned something very valuable about Jackson while were were in Phoenix.  He is not afraid to get dirty.  Translated:  He is one million percent boy.  He loves mud and all things gross.  It is no longer an option to not give him a bath at the end of the day as he often has mud and dirt caked underneath his nails and who knows what all over his clothes.  

We headed out to Cabela's one morning.  Dad had been there a few times but Jack and I never had.  That place is huge.  We explored pretty much the entire store and were there for about three hours.  Jack's favorites were the talking deer, the fish, and the french fries/ketchup that he ate for lunch.  

He did not like this hat but he did love the talking deer...that's what he is looking at in this picture.  

Why not lay on the rug in front of the fridge?  

Me and my little buddy.

 We went to the Mill Avenue Fair on Friday...I think now it is called the tempe art festival or something like that...but still.  It was super crowded but we had a lot of fun!  Jackson got to eat more french fries for lunch along with some other things.  He also got to chase some pigeons.  All in all that's a pretty good day.
Now that I'm looking through my pictures I realize that I have NO pictures with Auntie (my sister) and Uncle Danny.  I guess I need to do a better job of getting pictures of people and not just Jackson.

We got home yesterday morning and had a really nice Sunday.  I'm so glad I have this little buddy to help me unpack.  So, so very helpful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment