Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Paleo Challenge

I have started writing this post about three times now and could not bring myself to finish it.  I'm beginning think that I didn't want to post it so that Adam and I could back out if we wanted to.  But here I am posting about our challenge so I suppose there is no turning back now!  About a year ago, Adam was introduced to The Paleo Diet-a diet that mainly consists of meat and veggies.  He has always wanted to try it but I wasn't on board during my pregnancy because, well, just because.  We both have a few pounds that we want to lose and continue talking about making our diet more healthful.  So...we have decided to challenge ourselves to eat only paleo for the next 30 days.  We are almost done with day two and I must say that I am ready to quit.  Let me paint a picture for you.  The low tonight in Albuquerque is -3, that's right -3 and it has been snowing all day.  Now, normally on a day like today I would venture over to a little coffee shop up the street (Starbucks) and get me my coffee fix so that I could enjoy it while baking a yummy batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies.  Only thing is...neither of these things fit into the paleo diet-big bummer.  I ended up making myself a cup of vanilla chai tea (thanks to Kristina) and found a recipe for Paleo brownies that smell divine!  So two days down, twenty-eight to go!  Wish us luck!  By the way, I'm still debating whether or not to post our before and after pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment