Thursday, August 16, 2012

...on a bump and a project

Good morning. 


I thought this might be a fun new perspective this morning.  It's kind of funny how huge my belly looks from this angle-especially considering it is in comparison to my big ol' feet.  I can't lie though, I had to lean forward a little to get my feet in this picture.  

Today I wanted to share with you a sweet little project that Jack and I have been working on.  I can't remember if I mentioned it earlier or not.  Chances are if I can't remember then neither can you so...here we go!  

The back story behind this is that I happened to have an extra piece of plywood lying around the house (I used it for another project about a year ago) that was cut into a perfect rectangle.  Actually, I went to Lowe's and asked them if they had any scraps I could have and they gave me one large rectangle that I then had cut into three pieces.  One day, in either a moment of sheer desperation or pure genius, I decided that It might be kind of fun to have Jackson paint this piece of wood and then turn it into a functional piece of art for his new room!  I painted the entire board white and then let him have at it with all kinds of colors.  This project took us about an entire week to get all of the paint just right.  After all, a toddler's attention span is not all that great-there are several days worth of paint layers on this masterpiece.  Last night we had Adam put on the finishing touches-hooks!!  Soon this little piece of art will be hanging in his room and holding jackets, bags, etc.  I love the way it turned out!  I would even be tempted to hang it somewhere in the living room but I just don't know where.  The best thing about this project is that it cost next to nothing ( just the hooks-I had all the other supplies) and Jack and I both had fun creating it!


Shameless plug:  Also-don't forget to check out my etsy site if you haven't already and pass it on to friends!  New items coming soon!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment