Tuesday, August 7, 2012

...on celli elmo

I think I mentioned a few posts ago that sometimes we watch Elmo here at our house.  Well, I suppose I should let you know that Jack LOVES Elmo.  I'm not really sure how he learned about Elmo or who first introduced him to Elmo but I suppose now it doesn't really matter.  He's totally hooked.  I've never been a huge fan of you tube but now I so appreciate all of the Sesame Street videos that are available to watch!

Jackson is just now starting to get into actually watching things on TV and I must say, the timing couldn't be better.  We don't make it a point to set him in front of the tv or anything but sometimes it is nice for both of us to just sit down and curl up on the couch to a curious george episode or some Elmo videos.

Also, did you know that the sure sign that you've "made it" as a celebrity is whether or not you have been on sesame street?  Neither did I!  Apparently anyone who is anyone has made a guest appearance of sesame street!  It's quite interesting and actually, kind of entertaining.  One of Jack's (and Adam's) favorite clips is what we refer to in our house as "celli elmo".  Andrea Bocelli, that is.  He does this little bit with Elmo and instead of his song "time to say goodbye" he sings "time to say goodnight".

                                       

I don't blame you if you don't feel like watching it (especially if you don't have kids) but maybe just tuck it away for use at a later date.  I'm telling you...it is adorable.  Also-Adam and I have become somewhat obsessed with Elmo.  We even watched the "becoming elmo" documentary on netflix.  I can see why the kiddos like him so much.

Here is a picture from today-32 weeks


1 comment:

  1. You look great! Peyton also watches Elmo sometimes... So that I have time to cook dinner. I wasn't sure at first why kids are so attracted to him, but then I heard Peyton and Elmo laugh at the same time. That annoying sqeachy voice is exactly what babies sound like. No wonder they LOVE Elmo!

    ReplyDelete