Thursday, June 30, 2011

...on food

I have recently come to the realization that I have a fairly unhealthy relationship with food.  Mainly, I LOVE it.  My weakness is, of course, sweets.  I am around something sweet and I have no self control-none.  This is problematic because I love to bake.  I have also recently realized that I tend to use food as a comfort.  I never used to do this until a few years ago, or at least I was blissfully unaware of it.  I remember a few days after we moved into our old house or "the house that shall not be named", Adam walked into the kitchen and caught me eating a donut that was a few days old and really, really stale.  He looked at me and oh so lovingly said, "sweetheart, I think you might be stress eating."  That, my friends, was the beginning of it all.  I write all of this to tell you all about something completely crazy that I am about to do. It is a food journey of sorts that, I hope, will put me one step closer to looking and feeling better.  I also hope that it will allow me to foster a healthy relationship with food.  So what is this crazy journey?  I am going to do another 30 day challenge only this time, there will be no cheat meals.  Doesn't sound that crazy, right?  No, the crazy part is that this time I WILL post pictures both before and after.  (yikes!)  I will also be keeping a log of thoughts and progress throughout the 30 days on my blog.   There are a couple of reasons why I have decided to do this 1) I am doing this by myself and for myself. (Adam is in the middle of his 30 days right now) and 2) I am afraid that I will quit.  The big starting day is July 5th.  If anyone would like to join me in my journey I would be thrilled!  Only a few more days of mocha's, bread, wine, and sweets before I say goodbye to them for 30 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment