Friday, July 1, 2011

...on tiny travels

In one of my last posts I mentioned that Adam and I traveled up to Minnesota to visit our newest nephew.  Adam flew home yesterday but Jack and I will stay here through Sunday.  Jackson is doing great during the day with the hustle and bustle of new people, new places, new sounds, new smells, etc.  He has also started LOVING food (I hope he isn't stress eating, oh dear!)  The night time, however, is a completely different story.  Last night he woke up at 9:30, 11:30, 1:00, 2:30, and 4:00.  This, my friends, is not normal.  He gave up sleeping through the night about two months ago so I am used to him waking up at least once or twice.  I just hate that he is having such a hard time sleeping!  I don't know if I should blame it on the changes or on his new teeth.  Either way, poor baby is so tired and so am I.

All that aside, we have been having a good time visiting with Joshua.  He is such a good baby and oh, what a cutie!  We have all been doing our best to keep Caroline entertained, as well.  A few days ago, Jackson, Caroline, and I played outside.  I pulled out some of my toddler songs from school (I knew those would come in handy some day!) and Caroline and I danced, and danced, and danced!  Jack was a trooper and hung out in the swing.  I so wish that we had room to put one of these swings in our back yard!


Dr. Caroline taking Jack's blood pressure
Jackson and I come home on Sunday which, I'm sure, will be an adventure of its own!  We fly from Minneapolis to Phoenix (about 3 hours) then from Phoenix to Albuquerque.  I'm a little nervous as the only time I have flown with Jack it was a quick, direct flight with five other people that I knew.  I'll post more pictures soon but my computer is still close to death so I'm trying not to overload it with too much stuff.  

No comments:

Post a Comment