Monday, August 15, 2011

...on the big 28


While Jack was celebrating his 9 month birthday on Friday, I was also celebrating a birthday-the big 2-8!  Yikes.  I am now officially in my late twenties which is kind of sad but, what can you do?  I was in Phoenix on Friday and actually, my sister's husband was planning a surprise party/happy hour for her 30th birthday on Friday evening.  I think she was pretty surprised and I know she had a great time!  I invited Tiffany (who now lives in Phoenix, yay!) to come and hang out, as well!  T and I sat at the end of the table all night (with Jack) just chatting and catching up.  When he got fussy around 8, T and I went back to the house and hung out some more.  Not a bad way to spend a birthday.  Thanks, T, for hanging out with me and helping me ring in a new year!  





On Saturday, Jack and I hit the road and headed back to good ol' Albuquerque.  Adam had organized a low key birthday celebration for me on Saturday evening.  About a week ago Adam told me that he planned on building me a 28" tall cake for my 28th birthday.  I was super excited because, as we all know, I love cake!  Plus, 28" is pretty tall!  I got in around 5:00 and Adam and some of our friends were just starting to assemble the cake.  Here are some photos of the cake's progression...








This was truly a team effort.  In fact, Adam didn't bake one single cake.  Our fantastic friends (thanks guys!) were busy baking over the weekend so that Adam could pull off this incredible cake.  It was truly a team effort and I'm so thankful to everyone for pitching in!  I loved it!  Needless to say, I will be making a lot of cake balls this week.

I had a great birthday and am so thankful to everyone who helped me celebrate!

Oh, I almost forgot-my birthday burpees.  I did 'em, all 28.  



No comments:

Post a Comment