Thursday, August 4, 2011

...on thursday threads

Lately, I have been wanting to get a new zipper pouch for my purse.  I like to keep all of my lipsticks/gloss in one so that they are easy to find (in my bag) when it's time to reapply.  I got to thinking, "Hey, I can totally make one!"  And so I did!  I started off looking up some tutorials online.  Let me just say, tutorials are a beginning sewer's best friend.  They have pictures, detailed descriptions, and best of all-they are free!!  I flip flopped between two and you can check them out here and here.  Here is my finished product.




It is not without flaws, believe me.  Some are extremely obvious but I was pretty proud considering it was my first time and all.  It is the same fabric as my pin cushion from last week but I just love that fabric!  I believe it is amy butler..and the lining is actually fabric leftover from Jack's bedding.  Fun and simple project!  Check out the tutorials above and try one for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment