Wednesday, October 5, 2011

...on fall...my new favorite season?

It seems to happen every year, balloon fiesta rolls around and BAM-bad weather.  Well, bad weather for ballooning, anyway.  I actually welcome the cooler weather and the rain that yesterday brought us.  I have always been a summer girl and, being from Phoenix, I'm sure some of you are surprised to hear that.  But really, I LOVED summer (and still do!)  Over the last two years though, I have felt my favor shifting to the fall.  Maybe it is because fall here is actually a season, or because it brings around the balloons, and Jack's birthday, then Thanksgiving.  I love all the decorations and making apple cider.  I wish I could say that I love pumpkin spice lattes but you know, they just aren't for me.   I tried one the other day and I must say, if you aren't a fan of pumpkin or nutmeg, this probably isn't the drink for you-and...it's orange.  I'm not trying to hate on the thing, just saying' it's not my deal.  I'll stick to my mochas.  So anyways, fall.  I love it.

Here is one more picture from last weekend.  We sat outside with the neighbors and watched the balloons float by.  Don't worry, only half a week left of balloon fiesta and then I'll try to stop posting about it.


Please ignore the fact that Jackson is covered in Avocado and wearing NOTHING that matches.  Sometimes that's just how we roll.  (Dad-see the shirt??  It's a little big still but so cute!)

I'll leave you with a great little recipe.  Have you ever heard of larabars?  No?  Yes?  Well, they are bars made primarily from dates and nuts.  They have all kinds of different flavors to chose from and Adam just happened to find a recipe for them.  I use the term "recipe" loosely because it is so simple.  All it require is dates, cashews, and a food processor.  We made them the other night and were very pleased with how they turned out!  Give them a try and have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment