Wednesday, October 26, 2011

...on imperfect homemaking

Jack helping me with some laundry 

Jack and I skipped out on Bible study this morning as one of us is feeling a little under the weather.  The doctor said that he might have croup?  So we'll just lay low today.  I wanted to share with you some of my inspiration for organizing.  I found a link to this website on Pinterest...imperfect homemaking.  Can I get an AMEN!!?  I was perusing around this website when I found a helpful list of things that make for a happy mom/wife (or something like that-I couldn't find it again when I went to look).  The two that stuck out to me the most were #1.  A clean kitchen-never go to bed with a messy kitchen because it is a pain in the booty to wake up to.  I know that this is so true for me!!  If I leave dishes in the sink at night, I wake up feeling overwhelmed (and kind of annoyed) in the morning.  It makes me feel like I have to play catch up all day and just kind of gets my day started off on the wrong foot, know what I mean?  It takes about 15 extra minutes in the kitchen at night but it is sooooo worth it in the morning.  #2.  Do something creative every day.  And all God's people said:  AMEN.  Ok, this made me feel happy.  Do you ever sit down to do something, dare I say, fun? during the day and then feel kinda guilty about it?  I DO!  All the time!  I know people always say that you need to have time for you and, yada, yada, yada, and I get that.  I suppose I still struggle with the fact that staying home is my job and, therefore, I should be working all the time.  Make sense?  Anyways, it's just nice to hear.  Ok but really, I would highly encourage you to wash those dirty dishes tonight before you go to bed-it just might change your life or at least your day!

Speaking of being creative..remember how my mom was selling some of my outfits at her craft show last weekend?  We'll.....NOTHING SOLD!  Woe is me.  I was totally bummed but I'm fighting the urge to quit and give up.  I'll be back to my sewing this afternoon-my machine and I have some unfinished business to attend to.

No comments:

Post a Comment