Thursday, October 27, 2011

...on thursday threads

As promised I am sharing with you all my "black tie" shirt for Jackson's birthday party.  Incase you haven't figured it out yet the theme of his party is "black tie".  Not fancy black tie just black tie, black tie.  Although, it would be pretty entertaining if people showed up to a a one-year-old's birthday party in full on black tie attire.  Ok, I found this idea on pinterest and ended up here for the tutorial.  Honestly, the hardest thing about this sewing project was getting my machine to sew through the bulk.  My $70 Shark sewing machine (from target) was struggling to make it but in the end she handled it like a champ!





What do ya think?  I found the neck tie at goodwill for $2.00 and got the shirt at Marshall's.  I originally looked at Target for a tie but they were $20 and I just couldn't bring myself to do it!  This was a fun project and well worth the trip to goodwill-a trip to Marshall's is always a good idea in my book.

SHAMELESS ADVERTISING BELOW

Did you know that crossfit albuquerque competed in the first annual boxtoberfest last weekend?!  Did you know that my favorite photographer took photos of the competition?  Check them out HERE.


1 comment:

  1. Great job! I'm love this and am so inspired I might make a trip to goodwill to see what kinds of ties they have.

    ReplyDelete