Friday, October 21, 2011

...on whatever befall

I don't know what it is, but it seems like as I get older, I am coming into contact with more and more people who have experienced or are experiencing such great loss.  A little over a year ago I remember being in church and singing Be Thou my Vision.  I had just recently learned of a friend who was suffering a devastating loss.  As we sang this song I almost began to cry (something I do not do often) when I reflected on these lyrics "heart of my own heart, whatever befall, still be my vision, O ruler of all".  Specifically the words "whatever befall".  Not really sure where I'm going with this but I just felt like sharing.  I guess it just made me reflect and think whether or not I would be willing to trust in God "whatever befall".  I would  like to think so.  I hope this isn't a downer for your friday-maybe just a little perspective?  I'll leave you with the song "Be Thou my Vision".  An oldie but a goodie!


Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment