Monday, June 11, 2012

...on a little craziness

Well oh my goodness.  For the sake of keeping this short and sweet I'll just sum it all up by saying that I was put on bed rest last week.  Baby is fine but my body was being a little uncooperative.  Talk about bad timing.  Not only am I only 24 weeks (at least the pregnancy is viable!) but Adam is leaving on THURSDAY for his big race!  I'm so excited for him to go and compete in this craziness but we have all been a little distracted about everything else that has been going on.  We went back to the doctor today and things looked much, much better!  I'm still on modified bed rest but I don't feel nearly as much of an emotional wreck as I was last week.  The good news is our little guy is in the 50th percentile, weighs 1lb 8oz and is 12 inches long!  And, he is head down!  I know this could change at any time but Jack was NEVER head down.  Ever.

Our little Jack-man has been such a trooper.  He has been spending a lot of time with Hammy and, of course, chose last week as the week that he learned to open doors.  Awesome.  The other morning I went to the bathroom and when I came out I couldn't find him anywhere.  After searching the house twice I finally walked out in the garage and found him playing-happy as could be!

So, I guess I'll be taking it easy from here on out.  No more gym for me (at least for now) and I have decided that I am going to read as much as I can because I don't really want Jack to be in front of the TV all the time.  Anyone have book suggestions?  Here is a belly pic from sometime last week...


For those of you interested in Adam's race-I'll do my best to post updates as I get them!  The race starts sometime Friday and ends sometime Sunday-we think!  

No comments:

Post a Comment