Tuesday, September 6, 2011

...on the best job I have ever had-really





This morning was a coffee kind of morning.  After Jack played outside for a little while, picked up dog poop, and tried to eat a rock, we loaded up and drove off to Starbucks.  The drive-through line was so long and I didn't realize why until I saw the sign for the seasonal drinks-pumpkin spice lattes are back.  I've never had one which to some people, I'm sure, is crazy talk.  I just am not a huge pumpkin fan...am I missing out?  Anyways, Jackson fell asleep in the car on the way home and transferred beautifully to his crib.  It's mornings/moments like these that make me think, "man, I'm livin' the life."  No, really, I mean that.  I love being a mom.  I was going to sit here and explain why I think that this is the best job I have ever had but I feel like I would run the risk of sounding like, 'oh, look at me, my life is so wonderful!" and frankly, I can't stand blogs like that.  Truth be told, I have been having a really hard time lately and stressing way more than...well, ever.  I am learning to let go of worry and anxiety over the little things and am embracing this fantastic little man who is becoming more and more fun every day.  Embracing the fact that I am woken up every day at 6:30 by a little man who is just hungry.  Embracing that I almost always have avocado or drool on me.  Embracing that I can pretty much always get a big toothy smile out of Jack with only the tiniest bit of effort.  Embracing that on any given day I may not have time to get things done.  It's not all about me.  That it's not even 3 and I have already changed 6 poopie diapers.  That my kid loooooves to eat.  I would not trade this time with Jack for anything and let's be honest, if he doesn't nap, he doesn't nap.  It's not the end of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment