Thursday, September 15, 2011

...on thursday threads

Today's "thursday threads" consists of one project and a whole bunch of fabric.  I'll start with my project-another skirt.  It happened again-I went to throw something away and the packrat in me said "NO!  You can totally make something with that!".  Needless to say, the packrat won.  The item that was in line for goodwill was a red skirt.  A cute skirt, one I have had for years but rarely worn.  It hit me just so at the waist that it made me have serious love handles so really, it probably should have gone a long time ago.  With the tight waist and the longer skirt (below the knee) I decided to shorten this baby up a little and get rid of the restrictive waistband.  I did not take a before picture-oops!  I'm still new at this.  I'll learn eventually.  All I did was chop a few inches off the top and create a new waistband.  Here's how she turned out.


I think it turned out pretty well considering I had to rip out a few stitches here and there.  In the middle of it, I thought it was going to be a huge disaster so I was pleasantly surprised by the end result!  I haven't worn it yet and now that it's getting cooler here, I wonder if it might have to wait in my closet until the spring.  

On to the next!  Fabric!  One of the new loves of my life.  Seriously, who knew fabric could be so fun and addicting?  These fabrics are from my last trip to SAS and, as you can see, I have done nothing with them yet.  It's probably because i'm still working on the batch of fabric from before!  





A little argyle, some mushrooms (LOVE those mushrooms!), and and rootin' tootin' fabric for my texas friends, topped off by a fun floral girlie fabric.  I have big dreams for these little guys and I'm hoping to get some things started this weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment