Thursday, September 1, 2011

...on thursday threads

I am such a pack rat.  I have gotten much better over the years but one thing that I still hold onto is clothes. I probably only wear about 70% of the clothes in my closet-the rest are clothes that I desperately need to get rid of.  I have things in my closet that are well over 10 years old and things that are painfully out of style.  My thursday threads project comes from an article of clothing that falls into the "painfully out of style" category...wait for it-gaucho pants.  Oh yes, I have three pair.  They are so stinkin' comfortable that I can't bring myself to get rid of them.  With that said, I can't remember that last time I have worn them...ok, maybe it was when I was pregnant-don't judge.  Instead of throwing them out, like I should have, I decided to upcycle them into something I might actually wear-a skirt!  I'm sure that Stacey and Clinton (from what not to wear) would die if they knew that I was walking around town in a skirt that used to be a pair of gaucho pants from target.  Oh well, here it is...


Seriously, I love it.  It is so, so comfortable.  This was a really easy project and great for people like me who would rather repurpose something than throw it away.  The best part of this project is that I had some material left over to make little shorts for Jackson.


I still need to add a waistband on these but you can get the idea.  I think these are adorable and, get excited Jack, now we can be matching!!  Ok ladies, time to grab those old gaucho pants out of the closet (I know you have them!) and get to work!  

1 comment:

  1. Your Thursday Threads are so fun! Way to be resourceful!

    ReplyDelete