Friday, September 30, 2011

...on pink shoes and lots of balloons

It's the friday before the first day of balloon fiesta and I kind of feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas. I'm sure I have mentioned before but...Adam proposed at balloon fiesta so it is very special to us.  Plus, it's just so much fun!  When I opened the blinds this morning I saw about six balloons across the street and shouted, "Adam-balloons!  Lots of balloons!".  Adam threw on some clothes and we walked across the street to watch the balloons take off!  Jack just kind of took it all in looking everywhere.

Next, Jack and I went for a jog and we saw this...



and this...


I love it!  

Also, today was my first jog in these little babies...


My new "I finally drank the inov-8 kool aid" shoes..and they are pink-obviously.  These here are minimalist shoes so I have worn them around a little this week in order to get them a little broken in.  They are quite a departure from my old UT colored man shoes that were free, by the way.  Ok, so I've just made the turn on my jog to come back home and I'm thinking, "man, I must look so legit in my pink minimalist shoes..."  People don't need to know i've only run 1 mile so far, right?  Ok, so right after I finish thinking this some guy runs by me wearing...wait for it...no shoes.  Yup....totally barefoot.  My first thought was...well, quite honestly my first thought was, "ouch" but then I thought "man, that guy is way more hardcore than I am."  I guess he is taking the whole minimalist movement to the extreme!  Good for you, buddy!  I feel like he deserves a pedicure after that run!  

To sum it all up:  Balloon fiesta starts tomorrow AND I love my pink shoes.  

2 comments:

  1. So excited for Balloon Fiesta!!!! LOVE seeing balloons in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you tell me where you got those shoes? I've been looking everywhere and haven't been able to find them anywhere!

    ReplyDelete