Friday, September 16, 2011

...on diy fabulousness

About a month or so ago I got a phone call from a friend letting me know that Lowe's had some mirrors on sale for $20 from $80.  I ran down there to check it out and ended up buying both of them.  They were both a little beat up so I decided that these would be a DIY project for me.  I had been wanting a mirror to go over the dresser in our bedroom so I figured that these mirrors would be perfect.  I ended up only using one over the dresser and the other one is still just hangin' out in our room-on the floor.  

As I said before, the mirrors were kind of beat up so I went out and bought me some spray paint in order to give these little ladies new life!  Here is the mirror before all taped up and ready to be primed and painted.


As usual, I don't have a lot of pictures of the process.  Next time I'll try to do better.  Here are a few pictures of the final product.  The newly painted mirror and some frames that we had sitting around the house.  






I LOVE the way this turned out.  After Adam hung everything last night, I just wanted to sit in our room and stare at it.  I have to give a lot of the credit for this idea (the way things are hung) to pinterest.  I didn't get it at all the first time I visited the site but now I'm kind of hooked!


No comments:

Post a Comment